Preference #11: Your daughter gets her period
- Jay: You sit in the living room with a magazine and a broken leg and Jay sits right next to you watching TV. Suddenly your daughter walks into the living room, her face expression is emotionless. You look her up and down after signs of why she's like that. “Mum, we have a problem.” You frown at her. “What sweetheart?” “We have a girl problem.” You suddenly understand what she's talking about. “But don't we have -” “- No, we have run out of that.” You look down at your broken leg and then up at Jay. “James?” “Hm?” “Your daughter needs girl stuff.” He frowns at you. “Mother Nature is visting and -” “- Oh!” Jay looks down at your foot while realising he needs to get it so he gets up from the sofa and runs out to the hallway to get what your daugther needs.
- Siva: You, Siva, your daughter and your son are out shopping together one Friday for the evening. Your daughter walks over to you. “Mum,” You look at her. “Aunt Red is visiting.” You nod and walk over to Siva. “Auntie Red is visiting your daughter at the moment.” you explain. Siva frowns at first, but then he gets it. “Well,” He sighs. “I guess we have to welcome her then.” You laugh as Siva runs off to find what you need.
- Tom: Your daughter walks over to you after she has been at the toilet. You and Tom are standing with an ice cream each and sunglasses on. You hand her her ice cream and she frowns at you. “We need to go back to our hotel,” she simply says and you frown back at her. “The gift from Mother Nature is here.” You understand and look up at Tom who's enjoying the view of Spain. “Tom, get the car.” you say and he looks down at you to get an answer of why. “Your daughter got her gift from Mother Nature.” Tom nods fast and walks faster away from you to get your rented car.
- Max: Your daughter is at a concert and she calls you straight after. “You called quickly,” you jokily say, but your daughter doesn't laugh. “so you want daddy to pick you up now?” “Yes, pretty quickly actually.” “Why? Have you and Peter been fighting?” “No,” she gulps. “if dad doesn't pick me up pretty quickly it will look like someone just cut my vagina o -” “- That's alright! I'll get your father to pick you up. Max!” “Yes?” Max calls from the kitchen. “If you don't pick your daughter up at the concert in less then 10 minutes she'll be all bloody.” He understands right away, you use to say that she's bloody when she's on her period. “I'm on my bloody way.” he jokes and runs our to the car.
- Nathan: Nathan just went to the supermarket to get dinner for you, your daughter and your two sons. When you are sat under a blanket with a book in front of the fireplace your daughter walks over to you. “I have a visitor,” That's your code for period and you nod with a smile. “I'll call dad and let him know you need some snacks then.” You say to joke a little, but your daughter just shakes her head no. You call Nathan and he picks up right away. “Hello babe, long time.” he says in a flirty way. “Yeah, and it's one month since your daughter had a visitor. I suppose you know who then.” “Is that Oliver lad to us again?” “No, girl's are blessed with th -” “- Oh! Oh God! I don't kn -” “- I'll tell you what you're going to buy then.”